What to do and what not on your religious trip to Kailash Manasarovar?
The Kailash Mansarovar trip is a dream-come-true for countless pilgrims and trekkers alike. But when the time comes to actually prepare for the trip, there are more apprehensions than smiles and more anxiety than happiness. There is so much written about the complexity of the trek that it further adds to the uneasiness.
But do not fret if you are one of those too who are packing for the Kailash Manasarovar Yatra!
We have got this detailed article that makes it very clear precisely about what needs to be done on the trip and what must be completely avoided.
Here are a few things that you should keep in mind while on your Kailash Manasarovar Trip:
What to do on your religious trip to Kailash Manasarovar?
Here are a few things you can do to make your Kailash Mansarovar Trip a little more convenient and much more memorable:
- The primary tip on any trek is to stay hydrated. And the same is true for the famous Kailash Manasarovar Yatra as well. Drink water and other fluids at regular intervals. This is the best way to keep you energized as well.
- When on the yatra, avoid wearing too many woolen clothes or thick layers. A good idea is to wear multiple layers of clothing and top it with a windcheater. This will help you to add or reduce the layers of clothes as the weather demands.
- Invest in a pair of good quality shoes and wear them for sometime before you actually take up the yatra. This is a sure-shot way of staying comfortable in feet during ascends and descends of the yatra.
- The sun at high altitudes can be really scalding so do not forget to apply a good sunscreen with an appropriate SPF to prevent yourself from sunburns.
- The same stands true for the protection of eyes against the sun. Carry a pair of sunglasses to prevent your eyes from snow blindness.
- Take special care of your feet and prevent them from having blisters. Keep them dry at all times. This will keep them healthy and free of any kind of fungus that can get worse in extreme cold conditions.
- Add a layer of cotton socks with woolen socks. This prevents the feet from getting frostbites in extremely cold weather.
- When traveling in the yatra, stay in a group. It is the most inexpensive way to stay warm on the trip and also the easiest way to stay safe.
- If you get any cuts or blisters, treat them on priority. You do not want to spoil your trip because of something as small as a blister or a cut.
- Last but certainly not the least; make sure to carry all the necessary contact numbers such as those of the tour operators, travel agents as well as the emergency numbers to connect with Embassy of India and Kathmandu.
What not to do on your religious trip to Kailash Manasarovar?
While everyone will tell you what to do while on the yatra, there is very little information available on the internet that tells you what not to do there.
Here are a few things that you must remember to avoid while on the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra:
- Before you start your yatra, make sure you have your passport, an appropriate visa together with all the necessary travel permits.
- Avoid booking the trip around full moon days since it is over-booked at this time. This also means there is a lack of infrastructure facilities at this time, over-crowded places and the pilgrims get stranded for days’ altogether.
- Under no circumstances, should you take a detour from the usual route of the yatra, even if it is to visit other religious places around the region.
- Be safe and secure, make it your priority. Hence avoid taking selfies in the mountainous terrain and be extra cautious and slow at fatal turns.
- While on the yatra, if you ever feel you are getting affected by Altitude sickness, stop moving ahead, take the required medicine and inform the paramedical staff traveling with you.
- En route, avoid taking a bath in any of the streams or the rivers. Also do not drink water from these directly as your system might not agree to that. Drink the water only after adding filter tablets to it.
- Always travel with the group. Also, listen to your guide or the group mentor. They are quite experienced and are well-informed about the local region.
- Never start your day’s trip on an empty stomach. Avoid over-exerting yourself while on the trek.
- Do every bit to avoid cold. Keep yourself well-covered and warm.
- If you are an Indian citizen travelling through Nepal, you will have to cross Simikot and Hilsa or Timure. Both of these places lack adequate medical facilities and infrastructure and are also affected by rough weather due to which the flights are often cancelled or disrupted. Be prepared with enough medication that will include life-saving drugs and medicines for altitude sickness as well.
There are countless other small things that one can remember to avoid to make the yatra smooth. From not mixing sightseeing with walking to protecting oneself from the harsh sunlight, there are plenty.
When you lose track of all such small things, one important choice to make is to book your trip with an experienced travel agent like ‘Divine Kailash’ because you know they will take care of everything that is important. They do not just offer exclusively customized trips for their clients but also ensure they do not have any issues while en route. The company has years of experience in the business and knows the local region really well. They boast of highly experienced staff and are one of the leading travel agents in Nepal.
So, book your Kailash Manasarovar Yatra with ‘Divine Kailash’ and leave everything to the experts. After all, this journey is solely for peace and deity!