Panch Kedar Yatra Guide
If you want to feel close to divinity, go on a Panch Kedar Yatra. Considering it a holy pilgrimage in the Himalaya circuit, at least 76% of Lord Shiva devotees take the Panch Kedar Tour. With COVID-19 restrictions lifting, it is time for you to embark on a spiritual journey - only with Divine Kailash. We have a well-organized Panch Kedar Yatra 2022 package. Connect with us to discuss the Panch Kedar Yatra cost in detail.
Panch Kedar Tour Overview:
- Region: Uttarakhand, India.
- Tour activity type: Group Tour.
- Group size: Minimum 4 People per Group.
- Duration: 12 nights / 13 days.
- Difficulty level: Medium.
- Best time to travel: Apr to October.
- The trip begins and ends at: Haridwar.
- Maximum altitude gain: 3, 680 meters / 12, 073 feet.
- Type of accommodations: Hotel / Guest House / Tent.
Of all the shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva, the cluster of 5 temples, known as Panch Kedar, is the most revered. The term “Panch Kedar” can be divided into two parts - ‘Panch’ meaning ‘five’ and ‘Kedar’ meaning ‘Lord Shiva.’ Thus, the name ‘Panch Kedar’ is self-explanatory. The Panch Kedar location is not confined to only one place. Thus, the Panch Kedar Yatra map covers five different temples dedicated to Lord Shiva located at different places in Uttarakhand.
Madhyamaheshwar Temple, 2nd Temple of Panch Kedar
Complete Panch Kedar List
The Panch Kedar list of temples is consisted of:
- Kedarnath: Located in Rudraprayag, at the height of 3, 583 meters, the Kedarnath temple holds a prominent place in the Panch Kedar tour. The Shivling is worshipped here.
- Madhyamaheshwar: Located at an altitude of 3, 497 meters, Madhyamaheshwar is dedicated to worshiping the central part of Lord Shiva.
- Tungnath: Situated at an altitude of 3, 470 m above sea level, Tungnath is the highest Lord Shiva temple in the world. Lord Shiva’s hands are worshipped here.
- Rudranath: At an altitude of 3, 600 meters, the Rudranath temple is considered the toughest destination of the Panch Kedar Yatra. Lord Shiva’s face is worshipped here.
- Kalpeshwar: Clipped at an elevation of 2,200 meters, the Panch Kedar location of the Kalpeshwar temple is in the Chamoli district in the Urgam Village. Lord Shiva’s the ‘Jata’ or hair is worshipped here.
When you book the Panch Kedar Yatra, you will go on a long, magnificent journey, wrapped with the element of snow-covered mountains and divinity.
Best Time for Panch Kedar Yatra
The Panch Kedar Yatra is generally undertaken from April to October. During these months, all the Panch Kedar temples remain open to the pilgrims. However, during the other months, the area experiences extreme winters, with heavy snowfall. Except for Kalpeshwar, the other four temples remain completely inaccessible and snow-covered. So, if you want to book the Panch Kedar tour package, do not delay beyond October.
Tungnath Temple, 3rd Temple of Panch Kedar
Panch Kedar Tour Itinerary
The Panch Kedar yatra package organized by us consists of 13 days. The itinerary of our Panch Kedar yatra is mentioned below:
Day 1 of Panch Kedar Tour.
Rishikesh / Haridwar to Guptkashi / Sonprayag: Our Panch Kedar tour starts from Rishikesh or Haridwar, via towns and villages like Srinagar, Devprayag, Rudraprayag, and Guptkashi. Our destination on the first day will be Guptaklashi or Sonprayag, where yatris will have an overnight stay. 213 KMs of Panch Kedar distance will be covered over the duration of 9 Hours.
Day 2 of Panch Kedar Yatra.
Sonprayag / Guptkashi to Kedarnath (via Gaurikund): The second day consists of 7 to 8 Hours of Panch Kedar trek. The journey starts from Sonprayag/Guptkashi, and the journey goes to Gaurikund via car. Beyond this point, the road is not motorable. The group will change cars at Sonprayag, as only Union Local Vehicles are allowed from there. Pilgrims can take a dip in the holy waters of Gaurikund and continue further to Kedarnath, which is a 16 km ascend trek. Enjoy the evening aarti at Kedarnath and have an overnight stay here.
Day 3 of Panch Kedar Yatra Package Itinerary.
Trek to Gaurikund and drive to Guptkashi: We will start the 3rd day of our Panch Kedar Yatra early for darshan at Kedarnath and then trek down to Gaurikund for 4 to 5 hours post breakfast. After reaching Gaurikund, we will drive back to Guptkashi. At Guptkashi, you will visit the famous Vishwanath Temple and stay here overnight.
Day 4 of Panch Kedar Tour.
Guptkashi to Bantoli / Gaundar: The 4th day consists of 50 km of drive and 5 km of the trek. We will start the drive from Guptkashi and reach Ransi village via Ukhimath. Here, we will visit the Omkareswar Temple. It also forms the base of Madhyamaheswer / Madhmaheswer trek and Mandani Valley Trek. Post the temple visit, we will take a break for 20 mins. Post break, we will continue the trek to Bantoli/Gaundar. We will stay overnight at Bantoli.
Day 5 of Panch Kedar Tour Package.
Bantoli to Madhyamaheswer - Buda Madhyamaheswer: On this day of Panch Kedar Yatra, we start our trek to Madhyamaheswer. After a short break here, we will visit Buda Madhyamaheswer, from where you can enjoy the picturesque views of the Madhmaheswer valley. We will then trek back to Madhmaheswer. Take part in the aarti and stay overnight.
Day 6 of Panch Kedar Yatra.
Madhmaheswer to Bantoli / Gaundar: 5 to 6 hours long trek lies ahead of us on the 6th day of the Panch Kedar tour. We visit the Madhmaheswer temple once again and return to Gaundar post breakfast. We will stay here overnight.
Day 7 of Panch Kedar Yatra 2022.
Gaundar to Ransi village and drive to Chopta: Post breakfast, we will start a 4 KMs trek to Ransi Village that takes about 2 to 3 hours. From the village, we start the 70 KMs drive to Chopta via Ukhimath, Sari village. Chopta is the base for Tungnath and Chandrashilla Trek. On the 7th day of the Panch Kedar tour, we will stay overnight at Chopta.
Day 8 of Panch Kedar Tour Package.
Chopta - Tungnath - Chopta and drive to Mandal: This day of the Panch Kedar yatra holds 11 KMs of trekking and 25 KMs of the drive. We will start early to trek to Tungnath, which takes about 3 to 4 hours. The trek is a steep ascend of 5.5 KMs. We will visit the Chandrashilla top at 4,000 m and pay our homage at the Tungnath Temple. After the darshan and the pooja ceremony, we will trek down to Chopta. Then we will proceed further to Mandal for an overnight stay.
Day 9 of Panch Kedar Yatra.
Mandal to Panar by Trek (via Anusuya Temple): From Mandal, we will trek up for 5 KM for 6 to 7 hours to visit Mother Anusuya Temple. From here, we will continue trekking to Panar Bugyal. Rest and stay overnight will be arranged at Panar on this day of the Panch Kedar tour package itinerary.
Day 10 of Panch Kedar Tour.
Panar - Rudranath Temple - Panar (by trek): Duration: From Panar, we will trek for 5 to 6 hours to Rudranath Temple. After puja at the temple, we will trek back to Panar for an overnight stay.
Day 11 of Panch Kedar Yatra Package.
Panar to Mandal Trek: On this day of Panch Kedar yatra, we will trek down from Panar to Mandal. We will halt overnight at Mandal.
Day 12 of Panch Kedar Yatra 2022.
Mandal to Kalpeshwar Temple & drive to Piplekoti: We will drive from Mandal to Kalpeswer Temple on the second last day of the Panch Kedar yatra. The vehicle can go to Urgam and Devgram, located just 500 meters from the Kalpeshwar Temple. After visiting the temple, we will return to Urgam Village to visit the famous Dhyan Badri Temple. From here, the group will drive back to PipleKoti for an overnight stay.
Day 13 of Panch Kedar Tour.
Piplekoti to Rishikesh/Haridwar. On the concluding day of our Panch Kedar Tour, we will travel back to Rishikesh/Haridwar, depending on where we started. This is a 7 to 8-hour long journey, which should conclude by the evening.
Rudranath Temple, 4th Temple of Panch Kedar
Panch Kedar Tour Package Inclusions
- 12 nights of accommodation in Hotel / Tent / Homestay / Guesthouse.
- Vegetarian Breakfast and Dinner (From Day 1 dinner to Day 13 breakfast).
- Professional and experienced guide for the trek.
- Private vehicle from Haridwar to Haridwar.
- All Park entrance fees and trekking permits.
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary.
Panch Kedar Yatra Package Exclusions
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Personal Gears like Shoes, Backpack, etc.
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Haridwar.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, health, or other reasons.
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance, and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury, or any health problem.
- Anything not mentioned in the “Inclusions” section.
COVID-19 Safety on Panch Kedar Yatra
When going on a Panch Kedar yatra, especially in the middle of the pandemic, make sure to wear your masks properly and maintain social distancing. At Divine Kailash, we make sure to take Panch Kedar tour package bookings only from fully-vaccinated clients. Thus, do not forget to carry a fully vaccinated certificate along with a recent COVID-19 negative repost on your yatra. You can rest assured that we, at Divine Kailash, also maintain strict COVID-19 precautions like wearing masks and maintaining social distancing. Our staff is fully vaccinated and undergoes medical tests before each trip to ensure they are COVID-19 free. Additionally, we use thoroughly sanitized vehicles on the Panch Kedar tour.
Book Panch Kedar Yatra Package
Connect with divine Kailash if you are planning to go on Panch Kedar Yatra 2022. We are a premier choice among devotees, as we offer an all-inclusive Panch Kedar yatra package cost that sits well with any pocket size. Do you want to go on a divine journey? Feel free to call us to book our Panch Kedar yatra package.